Monday 22 November 2010

Angst - disappointment - ecstasy

Having been a prompter in the last play, 'The Killing of Sister George,' I was keen to try out for the next set of Auditions. They took place on Monday, and I could only take part in one casting audition because I was busy the week before being a prompt! Apparently this was my fault! For some unknown reason, at least to me anyway, I only read 4 or 5 lines for the part of Elsie in 'The Ghost Train', a grumpy, sulky 25 year old, married to Richard but who wanted a divorce. Oh happy times! Needless to say I didn't leave the audition full of hope and indeed everyone who I came into contact with at the beginning of last week will say that I was a right grump and the part would have suited me perfectly.

On Wednesday night we were due a phone call from the director and I had already decided I was going to complain about the lack of fairness in the audition because I was that convinced I hadn't got the part. When I was given the amazing news that I had been successful, I felt like a total fool because I had to take back everything I had thought and bite my tongue. I was on cloud 1000(!) for the rest of the night and couldn't sleep.

Set in the 1920s the play will be a hit, and I can't wait to start rehearsing tonight. Finding and wearing 1920s dress might be interesting though....

The last word has got to go to my badminton friends, who last Tuesday put up with my distracted and grumpy demeanour. I think tomorrow will be a great deal different.

Stay tuned.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations. Sounds like you ended up doing quite a bit of method acting. I hope that you can pour that into your performance! I wish you the very best of luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, auditions are almost as stressful as the actual performance, sounds like you really wow'd them - how exciting, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog and love it.
    Hi, I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello to my two newest followers :) I owe everyone a huge apology as I've been completely rubbish about blogging. Life is unbelieveably great but passing me by ;) I will be back, rest assured x

    ReplyDelete