Thursday 11 November 2010

Sleeping is a dangerous activity


A very delayed post on a windy, and cold afternoon; hello you to all.

Last week I woke up in severe pain, having done God knows what to my upper back, while apparently being asleep. Walking was about the only thing I could with little or no pain, and driving was a complete no starter. I wasn’t too despondent about ringing and cancelling my computing courses for the week, or being unable to work and having to rely on mum to drive me. But when I arrived at my play rehearsal that Thursday evening, having been driven by my sister, I was very aggravated to find out that the littlest things caused me pain; turning my head to the left or the right was painful and therefore, I found myself missing out because I couldn’t turn. Sleeping was the easiest thing to do, ironic considering it had caused me the pain in the first place.

After a few days my neck/back was much better and now, I’m pleased to be able to report that I am pain free. However, it really should be noted that sleep is dangerous. Or maybe it’s just my wonky and injured back; the vagaries of playing badminton and having a bad technique I guess…

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you have been suffering. Having had a terrible bad back when in the process of cleaning my home several years ago I know prefer to live in a dust full pain free haven! Keep well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey hey Froggy, it's better but still never going to be pain free :( Hope you're staying warm. x

    ReplyDelete