Monday 28 February 2011

Socks and Shoes

Yesterday I got very frustrated as I couldn't find any socks to cater for my shoe size. I am in the fortunate postion of being tall, and I wouldn't trade that for anything. But my feet are also big too, and that's a problem when buying shoes and even socks.

Over the years I've learnt not to hold my breath when buying shoes. Apparently women don't have big feet so most shoe shop assistants just stare at you, when you ask for a size 8. I was lucky shopping in Sports Direct last week because they could offer me both of my choices in size 8, that doesn't very often happen.

So a few shops can cater for large shoe sizes and tall people, for example Long Tall Sally. Why can they not supply the socks to go with these shoes? Until such a choice is found, my poor feet will have to continue to suffer in socks which are a tad small...

4 comments:

  1. 5"5 and size 41 (Europe) foot means that I am just in the range that shoe and sock shops cater-for. Phew. How annoying to be excluded from easily finding one of lives basic luxuries a fabulous pair of socks. This website lists some 'large sock' suppliers - http://plussize.lovetoknow.com/Women%27s_Extra_Large_Socks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm just in the range as most shops stock socks in 4-8, but they are obviously on the small size. But thank you for the website, I appreciate it x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings from Southern California

    I am your newest follower. I invite you to visit my blog and become a follower.

    God Bless You :-)

    ~Ron

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ron, great to have you on board. I've just returned back from a long absense from blogging. Just real life gettinjg in the way, you know the feeling I expect. I aim to be back more regularly now.

    ReplyDelete